Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Uplifting, Encouraging, and Reality-Check Foster Care Blog Posts

I'm linking blog articles about foster care here. It's basically a source of encouragement for me. Hopefully it can be encouraging for you too!


1) The Realities of Adopting from Foster Care
Adopting from Foster Care - What is it Really Like? 
Here is the article on CNN
Mama Happy Bee Blog

This is exactly what I needed to read right now. Still waiting and hopeful :)


2) Foster Care is Transient in Nature
The Sovereignty of God in Foster Care
Jason Johnson Blog

This is great for those who have fostered a child, but the child has left their home. We know that God will continue to care for our little foster boy!


3) A Video Story of Foster Care
Video of Foster Care Parents
Peter and Julie Bartolini - My Story
Encouraging!


4) Reality Check - is it for us or for them?
Adoption: Giving a Family, Not Just Getting a Child
Jason Johnson Blog
I've been so tied up in my needs/wants for another child and growing our family. I need to step back and reexamine my motives for foster care and adoption. I need to reevaluate my priorities.

5) Am I a hero for becoming a foster parent? NO!
Killing the Orphan Care Hero Complex
Jason Johnson Blog
It's not about us being heros, it's about following God's plan for our lives and providing a stable home for children in need.

6) Helping Broken Families as well as Broken Children
The Other Side of Foster Care
Jason Johnson Blog
A call to action to stop the problem at its source (help families that are prone to brokenness), not just treating the effects (fostering kids that need a stable and safe environment).

7) Helping Foster/Adoptive Children and Adolescents Reconcile their Past with the Present Emotions.
Counseling Transracial Adult Adopted Persons.
This may provide some interesting activities and discussions to have with your child as they get older. Help them to explore their past in a safe and encouraging environment so that they do not go looking for answers elsewhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment