Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Experiential Learning Theory - David Kolb 1984

mark tozer's blog: Experiential Learning

I was planning on doing a short blog explaining Kolb's experiential learning theory however Mark already has a good explanation and there is no reason for me to reinvent the wheel. The model is widely used in outdoor education.

Initially, I was planning on using this model for my dissertation, but recently I found some information that supposedly invalidates Kolb's theory. Instead, I'll probably be using John Dewey's theory because it is more general and because it has the democratic undertones which I believe are important to increasing environmental literacy. That will come soon.

Here is the link to a rebutle of Kolb's theory. Interestingly enough, David Kolb was actually a part of the author's doctoral committee. Makes you wonder how that relationship turned out - ha!

http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~mnwebb/critique.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment